I'm restoring a pair of 802 compression drivers with new GPA frams and a fresh re-charge.
The cores came with loading caps but I wan't to delete them.
Where can I buy foam to install on the back of the driver cover?
Thx.
I'm restoring a pair of 802 compression drivers with new GPA frams and a fresh re-charge.
The cores came with loading caps but I wan't to delete them.
Where can I buy foam to install on the back of the driver cover?
Thx.
Was there foam on the back covers?
I'll go check...
.........................
dave's not hear
looks like a felt pad to me...
.........................
dave's not hear
802 Driver covers are bare - no foam.
The 3/8-1/2 in thick felt from a boot liner is perfect for this task and very close to the same material Altec used.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.

Nope you are talking about 808 covers.
802 covers have felt.
AFAIK no Altecs use foam, for that reason I do not recommend it.
Try GPA I believe they have felt. Probably a craft supply would have it. Used to be common , not so much now. A fabric store is certainly a possibility.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Waxman felt pads at WalMart, Lowes and others. In the furniture slider section. Pack of 2-4"x6"x1/4" felt sheets for like $4 and change. Even has peel-n-stick backing. Scissors and the skill to cut a circle not included.
"[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]
[I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.
Bookmarks